Hanson Wade have taken the decision to cancel this meeting.
Please do accept our apologies for any inconvenience or
disappointment this will cause.
|09.00||Chair’s Welcome Remarks||Lassaad Fridhi|
|09.10||Implementing the GDPR: Where Are We Now?||Nina Barakzai
Group Head of Data
Protection & Privacy
|With the May 25, 2018 GDPR implementation deadline looming, getting the final stages right is key to ensuring compliance. In this session, we’ll take a look at where the privacy community is now and what further guidance the regulators have shared to help provide you with a roadmap to implementation.|
|09.40||Staying Ahead of the Cyber Threat: Understanding What’s on the Horizon||Lassaad Fridhi
Chief Compliance &
Officer C Space
|• Lessons learned from recent attacks: What we’ve learned and how we should prepare
• Effectively blending regulation with IS to ensure compliance
• Showing the value in getting investment in cyber security
|10.50||Data Mapping: Understanding How Data Flows through Your Organization||Samantha Simms
|• Understanding the data you collect and process and where it flows
• For what purpose is the information being held?
• Coordinating with business units to track the flow of data
• Who owns the data?
• Utilizing data mapping to improve process and internal efficiency
• Maintaining and updating your data map
|11.50||Understanding How the GDPR Has Changed Consent||Judith Beach
Senior VP, Senior
& Government Affairs Global Chief Privacy Officer
|• Breaking down consent: How should you be interpreting it?
• Understanding your organization’s legal basis for consent
• Effectively offering your data subjects the opportunity to consent or opt-out
• How are regulators viewing consent?
• Establishing a legal basis for processing activity
|1.30||The Role of a DPO: Integrating the Role into Your Business||Dan Manolescu
Counsel & EME Data
|• Determining if you need to appoint a DPO
• Understanding the duties, obligations and liabilities of the DPO
• Avoiding potential conflicts of interest
• Working with the regulators
• Future of the DPO: what to expect post-implementation
|2.10||Managing the Resources of Your Privacy Program||John Howie
Chief Privacy Officer,
|• Getting stakeholder buy-in for your privacy and security program
• Demonstrating your value: Showing the ROI on investing in privacy
• Elevating the importance of data privacy within your organization
|3.00||Finding the Benefits of the GDPR: Using the PIA Process to Improve Your Privacy Program||Dr. Anna Zeiter
Head of Data
Protection & Data
|• Determining what standards to follow when conducting your PIA
• Identifying different categories of risk for your organization
• Privacy by design: Embedding data protection into your business processes to drive
greater efficiency in your privacy program
• Understanding what the regulators are looking for
• Documenting the PIA process
|4.20||Keynote: Establishing an Ethical Framework for the Use of Data||
|• Who owns the data?
• How AI is changing the way we process data
• The implications for consumers on the secondary use of data
|5.00||Close of Day One||Lassaad Fridhi|